Thursday, January 7, 2010

Exfoliating your face?

Hello everyone...I'm on the search for an excellent and gentle daily exfoliator for my face. Can you suggest any?





Optional Details:


In the morning I wake up, wash my face with dermalogica dermal clay cleanser (good for my oily skin)...I pat dry and wait a few minutes so that I can apply clindamycin gel...and then apply a bit of moisturizer mainly on my neck, cheeks, and some over the t-zone. Then I apply bare minerals foundation (it has spf in it). It has the tendency to look flakey and dry in some areas....but only because I put a lot on (otherwise it doesn't really cover).





I typically have to dab oily off my face throughout the day and by the time I go to bed, i look like an awful mess. So I wash again with the clay cleanser (it gets the makeup off too). When I inspect my face afterwards---I see a lot of flakey sloughed skin in places.





*this is where I'm being terrible to my skin* I then wash my face again with an apricot scrub with some AHA in it. Usually every other day or everyday sometimes! Apricot scrubs are so bad for your skin but I don't have anything else! Plus the ';gentle'; AHA it has shouldn't be used everyday, especially after I'd already cleansed.





After that I wait a minute, apply clindamycin...wait five minutes...apply differen cream .01% wait a bit and gentle rub/pat vitamin E oil onto scars and just generally all over (its a good moisturizer).





Exfoliating your face?
It sounds like you're overdoing it and that's just making your skin freak out even more. You can make your own gentle exfoliant at home by grinding up up aduki beans and oatmeal, adding a little water and making a paste. If you gently scrub with this paste, it will do the job without irritating your skin. This is an old Japanese beauty secret. You don't have to make it fresh every day. The powder will keep for a week or two. Just don't add water to it until you're ready to use it.





You might also try simplifying your routine. All the assualts on your skin may be irritating it and making the situation worse. You could try washing with glycerin soap. Then at night use the aduki bean scrub, and follow it with a couple of drops of jojoba oil and rose hip seed oil. Jojoba oil is very similar to the skin's own sebum, and rose hip seed oil is famous for healing scars and getting rid of acne. Even though it's an oil, it's recommended for oily skin. A drop of lavender oil or German Chamomile oil added to it will help reduce inflammation. Sometimes adding a drop or two of oil to the skin signals it to stop overproducing its own oil.





Instead of stripping your skin with a clay cleanser and then moisturizing it, the best morning routine may be to just wash your face with glycerin soap and then put on your mineral makeup.





For more natural beauty tips, see this article:


http://www.ehow.com/how_4591198_have-naturally-beautiful-skin.htmlExfoliating your face?
You can buy aduki beans (sometimes called azuki or adzuki beans) at Whole Foods and most other natural foods markets. You can buy rose hip seed oil there as well, but make sure it is pure and not adulterated with other oils. Good luck! Report Abuse

this may sound odd, but i bought suave exfoliating scrub, its for your body, but i use a dab on my face, and i love it!! i had mad dry skin, alot of peeling, i think due to my pregnancy, and my face looks amazing now.





and suave products are so cheap too=]
I love the Neutrogena Wave.


It's y favorite
clean %26amp; clear works really well :)
wow, you have too much products. you only need a cleanser, toner, scrub, and moisturizer. if the cleanser you are using now is working, keep using it, but maybe it is too harsh on your skin, so i'd only use it once a day, your choice. even though you think you should, i would stop using the makeup. and if you use that gel stuff, there is no need for differin. and don't use the scrub, i have a solution. its called mint julep mask from walmart or sally beauty. you can also use it as a spot treatment, and substitute it for differen and the gel. its really good and doesn't dry my sensitive skin. and the mask is only 3 dollars!

No comments:

Post a Comment