Thursday, January 7, 2010

Is it okay to use table salt to exfoliate your face?

I saw my little sister use a salt shaker and sprinkle salt all over her face before washing her face.





Is that safe?





Also, she used baking soda to wash her face...she says it's good for your skin.





I'm pretty skeptical about it and don't want to break out in spots.





It's been a week, her face seems fine...but still...Is it okay to use table salt to exfoliate your face?
no i do it all the time, but i use sea salt. its coarser. its a good exfoliant. neither will make you break out. if anything theyll dry your skin a bit but i have oily skin so its fine for me.Is it okay to use table salt to exfoliate your face?
You should be fine, I just wouldn't recommend the salt if there is an open wound on your face because that will hurt a lot, but other than that it should be fine. I think that salt would actually make a pretty decent exfoliate, I know that a lot of exfoliates use sea salt instead, so you may prefer that. I have heard of facial masks and acne treatments with baking soda in it, so I think that will be fine as well. However if your face burns from it, then just take it off because it is not going to be worth it if it breaks out your face. If you use this treatment I would also recommend using some type of moisturizer afterward because it will dry out the skin a little.
Sea salt is used frequently in facial scrubs/masks and it's generally available where you buy regular table salt.


Either one will exfoliate well - depending on your skin type you may need to moisturize, but you'll know shortly after using the salt on your face.


I don't know that baking soda would do anything to a face one way or the other.


I've dyed my hair for years and once a month I mix baking soda with my shampoo to help remove residue from styling products and dyes.
Sea salt is common in most exfoliating washes. It dries your skin slightly so use a light moisurizer.


Secondly, one of the ingredients in my proactive refining mask is baking soda so it must be good for your skin.
Your face might feel good; but if you don't close your eyes, your eyes will kill!





You should try the baking soda if you want to go cheap.





Products from the store will also do fine.
I have heard of people using sugar as an exfoliater so I think salt would also be fine. You probably wouldn't break out from using it since you wash it off its not like its sitting on your skin.
i honestly wouldn't use salt. salt is a very hard substance and using something like that on delicate facial skin can cause tiny little surface scratches. stick with softer plant-material exfoliants.
Okay never heard of that before...





I know baking soda is good for hair but your face... i dont know i wouldnt recommend trying it.
My wife I papaya kojic and licorice base soap and cream which are available online. These work wonders. Maybe it will work on you too. Try searching it through Google 'shopaholic's bargains'
  • musicals
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment