Thursday, January 7, 2010

I just got really bad sunburn today while at the beach. Should I still exfoliate my face before I go to bed?

the chemicals along with the beads that are exfoliating will definitely irritate your skin! Don't do it or you will be in alot of pain! The best thing to do to get rid of the redness and heat in the burn is wash your face and try to do it with the warmest water you can stand. Surprisingly, this takes out the redness and heat in the sunburn. Then afterward, put aloe on it and by morning you will either have no burn or just a little pink left, but it makes a huge difference. I would wait atleast 3-4 days before exfoliating.I just got really bad sunburn today while at the beach. Should I still exfoliate my face before I go to bed?
If your sunburn is really bad, put aloe vera on the sunburn to sooth and moisturize your skin two to three times per day, and if you will have a shower use cool water and mild soap (I only use vegetable oil soap and it never irritates my sensitive skin).





You can also soak in a cup of baking soda and lukewarm water for about 30 minutes. Once your sunburn no longer burns :), you can exfoliate with mild exfoliants. I would use something without chemicals so as not to irritate the skin. I use Love A Scrub natural body scrubs -- they have ones for sensitive skin up to those who want a stronger 'scrub'... and you can use the scrubs all over your body, including your face!I just got really bad sunburn today while at the beach. Should I still exfoliate my face before I go to bed?
No do not disturb the skin anymore. Put on aloe vera (known for three thousand years) . If it's a second or third degree burn, go to the hospital. Second degree is blistering with burns. Any oils will burn your skin.
do not exfoliate it, it will kill!! i did it once and it was so painful i almost stared screaming! rubbing the exfoliant on your face will just iritate the sun burn plus the ingrediants in the exfoliant will hurt too
NOOOO, do not exfoliate while sunburned!! Aside from the pain, sunburns are very tender and sensitive. Leave it alone.
  • musicals
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment