Thursday, December 24, 2009

Does scrubbing/exfoliating your face too often damage your skin?

hey im 13 and i exfoliate my skin everyday, and use an acne spot treatment and use moisturizer but my skin is still usually dry, so i scrub it more til its not flaky. will this damage my skin..? thanks!Does scrubbing/exfoliating your face too often damage your skin?
yes i have the same problem..the spot treatment plus the scrub is drying ur skin out





try washing in the morning and then putting some moisturizer like clean and clear oil control..


then at night you wash it and put the acne spot treatment





but put facial moisturizer on anytime you can.Does scrubbing/exfoliating your face too often damage your skin?
if it's dry, scrubbing it makes it worse. you need to let it heal.





exfoliating every other day or two would be enough if your skin is that dry.
It is probably making it drier. You don't need to exfoliate everyday- just once or twice a week is fine. Use a cleanser that doesn't dry out your skin but also won't clog your pores (such as Cetaphil).
Scrubbing skin and exfoliation too often causes irritation. Irritation can cause skin to swell. I exfoliate every 4 days to one week. On the nights that I use glycolic peel to exfoliate, I only use a gentle moisturizer. I skip any acne treatment on those nights and my skin loves me for it.


Acne skin should never be dry. Balanced is good. Use a balancing toner. Remember, the key to clearing acne is opening the pores and treating the bacteria with benzoyl peroxide or prescription antibiotic. Always moisturize with oil free moisturizer and wear a sunscreen. Good luck :0)
It's probably making it dryer. Try using it less often and don't scrub hard!
Get a gentle/sensitive skin buf-puf face sponge (cvs, walgreens, rite aid, target etc all have them), then use a dime-sized dab of an oil-free moisturizer afterwards. I've used buf-puf and an oil free moisturizer for 25 years since I was 14 (I had oily/acne prone skin and this is what my dermatologist recommended). My skin doesn't have wrinkles and always looked pretty smooth. I still use both. Good luck!
  • musicals
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment