Sunday, December 20, 2009

Face is flaking and peeling after exfoliating?

I've exfoliated twice this week two days in a row with St. Ives Apricot Scrub and now my face is extremely dry and the skin is just flaking out of control. I've tried to moisturized it, but it quickly dries up again and just starts flaking again. Even if I add tons of moisturizer in my face, it still flakes really badly. My face also itches and won't stop itching. What happened to my face?Face is flaking and peeling after exfoliating?
The same thing happens to me. What you should do is after you exfoliate, go into the shower and take a warm bath. After that, throw some cool water on your face THEN put on the moisturizer. The reason its flaking is because the scrub is working. Don't use the scrub two days in a row. Its like taking sharp rocks to the skin. Also, you might want to think about making a facial with honey and tomato juice. It sounds gross but it works!Face is flaking and peeling after exfoliating?
Don't exfoliate two days in a row. At least not with that stuff. I find it a little harsh. It's best used once or twice a week. If you want to exfoliate more often, just use a little baking soda sprinkled onto a wet wash cloth. Your face is irritated right now, and needs some TLC. Moisturize morning and night, and use a gentle face wash. You could do an oatmeal and honey mask, or just leave it alone until it's better. It'll only take a day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment