Monday, December 28, 2009

What can I use to exfoliate my face?

I use a face wash but I still feel like my face isn't really clean. Almost like I can feel a little bumpy layer of dead skin cells. Gross, I know! Any tips?What can I use to exfoliate my face?
The best exfoliant, and the one with scientific research to support it, is alpha hydroxy acids. These are also known as fruit acids or AHAs. AHAs are wonderful because they are cheap, easy to use, and most importantly, they actually work.





Skincare experts (as opposed to marketing executives) generally acknowledge there are only a couple of truely effective skin care products - retinol creams you get by prescription from a doctor or alpha hydroxy acids.





AHAs can be glycolic acid, lactic acid, or fruit acids. In nature they are derived from plants or from milk. However, the cosmetic industry usually uses synthetic AHAs. The secret to their power is that they are useful exfoliants - they break down the top layer of the skin and reveal brighter and more youthful looking skin underneath.





There are no worrying side effects from alpha hydroxy acid lotions. Remember though, the reason AHAs make your skin look glowing and youthful is because they slough off the top surface layer of the skin. This top layer does provide a little bit of sun protection so after exfoliating with AHAs your skin will be more sensitive to the sun. You can easily avoid this increased risk of sun damage by wearing suncreen - something you should always do anyway.





The research shows that to be an effective wrinkle remover cream, the AHA concentration must be between 5% and 10%. Closer to 10% is better. Tt is also suggested you look for a pH between 3 and 4. It is an added bonus if the product also contains other beneficial ingrediants to support your skin and fight aging. For example, look for water-binding agents, antioxidants, and anti-irritants. You cannot get this balance by making products at home.





';Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion, Night'; has a pH of 3.3, and an AHA concentration of 8%. It has no irritating fragrance but plenty of vitamin-based antioxidants. At around $12, this is a great buy.





A great alpha hydroxy acid gel is ';Paula's Choice Exfoliating 8% AHA Gel'; It has 8% glycolic acid and a pH of 3.5-3.8. As it is a gel as opposed to a lotion it has a lovely silky feel and is easier to spread. Best of it all, it works! The price tag is $17.95, or $0.80 for a sample.What can I use to exfoliate my face?
I saw this in the movie the wedding planner and I have done it. It's been a while ago and I will have to find the clip again, but I think it's a combination of sea salt and lemon juice. I will find it and edit my answer to be sure. Sorry I tried to speed through it and I couldn't find the scene I was looking for but it's at a wedding and the bride has a really bad fake tan and she tells her to scrub, scrub, scrub.
Gram flour mixed with lemon juice, a tsp of curd,1 tsp honey,and a pinch of turmeric this would not only exfoliate gently adding sheer glow on ur face.
http://www.treatment-of-acne.com/fruit-g鈥?/a>





lots of good fruit answers here

No comments:

Post a Comment